Google
 

The ageless Kim Barnett

Kim Barnett might be 47 but that's not stopping him from playing regular club cricket. He has, however, decided to leave Leek but revealed he wants to continue and try to break the league record for the number of runs in a season.


"I have been working hard at my own fitness levels," he said. "My intention is to get back to the standards I set myself. It was not my aim to finish with 400 runs in a wet summer. It has been a difficult season for all batsmen, but in the five years I have been back playing locally I have scored 4,000 runs.

"I want to try to break the league batting record wherever I play next year. I want to continue playing for a further three years - I enjoy playing cricket.

"In an ideal world I will be playing as an amateur locally. I am still involved with Staffordshire and that is something I love.

"It is great to try to help younger players go on and make their mark."

No comments:

Google